Friday, October 20, 2006

Seattle and the English

In part two of my Pacific Northwest-England discussion, I shall now discuss what the people over here have to say about Seattle (with their mouths, not their clothing). While people indeed show support for Oregon, I have heard many a positive thing about the city of Seattle. I have spoken to exactly one person that has actually been there, and they then claimed that Seattle and San Diego were their two favorite American cities. And amongst others, there was one person who has considered moving to Seattle, and two other people who have separatly mentioned it to be the city at the top of their 'where to go next in America' list. And one of them said that without even knowing I was from there, so you know they weren't lying. My general response: but have you been to Vegas?

Today down at the city center I saw a truly English sight: a sale at Topshop; at which point I forgot what I had gone down there for and made a beeline. This was my third or fourth trip to Topshop, but I had so far refrained from buying anything, or even trying anything on. It took quite a bit of time and energy, but I emerged with a shirt and a dress a mere 25 pounds later. Mind you, I have no clue what I will do with said dress, but it was only 10 pounds. You would have done the same thing if you were me.

Speaking of Topshop, it is technically Topshop/Topman, and from what I have heard, the Topman crowd is the type that stands around the men's room wearing pink discussing their new hair straighteners (no, really, I'm not lying).

Tomorrow is indeed Saturday, and I have a train ticket to London. At this point I am not intending to go see Ashlee Simpson in Chicago, but you never really know where the day may lead (aside from Tate Modern; it's going to be my first stop).

No comments: