Sunday, October 08, 2006

Brits gone wild


You just can't help but wonder about the English sometimes. This afternoon while checking out the listings for the various clubs and societies the University offers, I came across this one, the extreme ironing society:

http://www.sueis.co.uk/

What?!? Yes. Apparently there are some people who like to take their iron and ironing board with them all the time and find new and innovative ways to keep their clothing wrinkle-free. My other personal favorite is the university's Guild of Change Ringers, who get together and practice ringing church bells in a non-religious manner before going to pubs. I'm adding that one to my list of 'things I never knew about but now I thinks it's the best idea ever' pile. They have a meeting/bell ringing every Thursday evening.

Aside from the usual mumbo-jumbo, I came across an exciting flavor of chips at the grocery store that I couldn't pass up: Mango Chilli (their spelling, not mine). Underneath it says 'ANGRY fruit'. Personally I never thought the mango to be particularly viscious, but apparently I was wrong. I took a picture of the bag, but decided that I enjoyed the above billboard just a little more.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 bucks for anyone who will do extreme ironing on top of the space needle!!

and is it strange how closely william h macy resembles horatio?

need a report back on the vicious mango chips...

Anonymous said...

william h macy is infinitely more talented than horatio. but horatio is definitely the looker out of the two. ok no.

Anonymous said...

I am buying the Extreme Ironing 2007 calender.

Anglo Mango said...

An extreme ironing calendar might be depressing. It would serve as a daily reminder that there are people out there who are both more adventurours and less wrinkled than you.

I had some mango chips. They tasted nothing like mango, but were kind of spicy.

And I am glad they chose WHM to represent the American people on such a billboard. If they had put Horatio up no one would take them seriously.

Anonymous said...

William H Macy for president!! It's gotta help our image in other places, too.

Anonymous said...

Do the extreme ironers use Rowentas? Apparently that's a fancy kind of iron my mom/mum favors. She might want to join.

Horatio is one of the least handsome men ever. Seriously, I do not understand the obsession.

Hey, Eskimo baby - did you find a calendar?

hehe.

Anonymous said...

No. No calender yet.

Anglo Mango said...

Your mother should start up a tri-cities extreme ironing society. I love the idea of renegade moms running around town with their ironing.

Horatio isn't handsome per se, he just has an un-naturally self-assured aura about him as if he were good looking. He is apparently the only one who doesn't know. WHM has no such airs, and he's the better person for it.

Anonymous said...

WHM is married to Felicity Huffman. Or is that old news?

Anglo Mango said...

Old news.