Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mini-sigh of relief

I had my last exam on Tuesday. Although last seems like a bit of a stretch when there are only two to begin with. While I made it out alive, it was a disturbing experience. The test ended at 11:30 and in quasi-celebration, everyone opted to have a beer with lunch at the post-grad/faculty bar/eatery. Apparently this was found to be odd, because the Polish woman who helped me, goes 'is it a boozy lunch?', which needless to say highly amused me at the time. My response: 'yes'. It was a pick 3 questions out of 5 exam and they all covered material that we never touched on in class, which would have been even more disturbing if I hadn't been expecting this based on the old exams. No clue how I did, but I still feel like I did well on the first one. Perhaps they will balance each other out.

However, there are still two pieces of coursework to go. And neither one is interesting. So after managing to stay out of the library for two days straight, I am back in again. But in a bold twist, I have moved from the first floor to the third floor, so it's really quite different. A parallel universe, if you will. I will most liekly be here a lot the next few days, trying to figure out which road surface to recommend for an imaginary roadway to minimise noise levels and looking for case studies of how ITS is helping improve the freight industry.

Oh, and this rugby tournament thing. It's called 'six nations', but England, Wales, and Scotland are three of them. Is that not cheating? Like, seriously. The other three are Ireland, France, and Italy. So its pretty random. I may watch the England game on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: