Friday, January 26, 2007

Megabowl

I went bowling yesterday. It's hard to dive right into studying for an exam when you have just finished your previous one, so bowling seemed like a decent solution to this. There are at least two bowling alleys in Southampton, one of which is a bit sketch, the other not quite, so we went to the nicer one. It was seriously like someone had dug up an American bowling alley, flown it across the Atlantic, and plopped it down on some empty land (I'm assuming it was empty...). The shoes were the same. The bad food appeared to be the same (I wasn't willing to see if it tasted the same). And there is only so much you can do with the lanes and pins. The bowling balls were weighed in pounds, which while in many ways makes no sense, pleased me. I also bowled rather well for me, getting a 93 and then an 87. Not impressive, I know, but I am not a good bowler.

There is noticeable excitement (maybe not excitement, interest?) in the upcoming Oscars, primarily in the best actress category. I'm trying to get to see as many of the nominated films as possible, but am somewhat restricted by A) England, and B) Southampton movie theaters. I did finally see Last King of Scotland (which is in theaters despite having seen previews for it last September), so that's at least one down. I'm also quite pleased that Little Miss Sunshine is up for best picture.

Okay, enough procrastinating. Must go study!

No comments: