Sunday, January 21, 2007

Competitive studying

With finals right around the corner, the library has become just not a hip place to be, it's become the only place to be. Yesterday, mind you, was Saturday. I got here at 9:30 (I say here because I am once again in the library), and it was already quite crowded and I was a little worried but able to find a group of empty chairs in order to save seats. By lunch time the place was so crowded that not an empty chair was to be found in the whole building and people were sitting on the floor in the lobby to do their studying. And it was sunny outside. I'm sure things will only get worse over the next week or so, meaning that even if I don't want to get up and study right away, I basically have to just in order to get a place to sit. And for some reason I am also the person who has to save seats for those who do like to sleep in.

The first exam is on Thursday. I'm beginning to get a decent grasp of the course material, but the whole English exam process has me a little worried. Apparently you can only take in a clear pencil case. You can only use a special, dolphin-stamped calculator that you purchase from the campus shop. And if you are caught with a cell phone, even if you accidentally leave it in your pocket, it's all over. The exam is not held in the lecture room, it is held in some random third party location in a building you've never heard of to maximize the probability that you will be wandering around lost when the exam is going to start and you can't call anyone for help because no one is allowed to have their phone on them. I might need to do a practice run.

I've given in to intense, intense pressure and joined facebook. The tally for the week is 70. This has exceeded all predictions. But please, join facebook and be my friend. Or if you know people on facebook, please ask them to add me as a friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to join facebook and have you as my friend!! Ya, right...