Thursday, December 21, 2006

Portsmouth Returns


I went back over to Portsmouth today on a secret mission. It didn't go particularly well, but it was very foggy and so I at least took a couple of cool foggy pictures. Oooh, look at the fog. You couldn't even see Spinnaker Tower, and it was right there. The fact that it was inhumanly cold kept me from staying too long, however, so it was a quick jaunt.
This part of town (aka, campus and north of campus) have seemingly cleared out by now. It's back to how it kind of was during the international induction week, with me and a bunch of students from Asia, only the Europeans that were here during the induction have pretty much all returned home for Christmas. One of the girls that lives in my 'flat' is from Malaysia and she is still around, otherwise it might be a little too quiet.
Tomorrow I have to stock up on supplies because all of the stores will be closed Christmas and Boxing Day, plus the buses and trains will not be running those days either. I will discuss Boxing Day at a later time...

4 comments:

Buehler Recipes said...

My, it is foggy. Did you see any Pirates?
Sorry we have to miss you at Christmas. I'll have your little cousin make a reasonable facsimile of you from her Kirstin doll. The Kit doll would be more appropriate but she seems to have run away from home.

Unknown said...

if it makes you feel any better, ive been alone in big house all week. ok that's not the same...your's is more of a 'far away during the holidays' whereas mine is more of a safety concern. ;)

the heath/jake ornament is up in your honor.

Anglo Mango said...

I saw a statue of a pirate, but I don't think that counts.

That house is a much scarier place to be than here. I didn't do well the 4 days I was there alone in winter a few years ago.

I'm glad the heath/jake ornament has survived the year. May it bring you constant yuletide joy.

Anonymous said...

Email your mother!