Sunday, December 10, 2006

The end is nigh

After weeks of constant work, I can feel the end of the pre-Christmas coursework crunch heading my way. Tomorrow the engineering is due and I've finally handed off my portion and can now only cross my fingers that it gets turned in before the noon cut-off. Of course, the final piece is my history of transport essay due on Wednesday that I need to write tomorrow. So I have literally spent all weekend in the library. It's sad, I know.

Moving on.

Restaurants are rather big on what they call Christmas meals. They had posters up for these at some places since I arrived in September. It took me quite a while to realize that they don't mean meal on Christmas day, they have just given a formal name to those get-togethers people tend to have running up to Christmas. It's basically just like making a reservation, but it is theoretically different than just another meal at said restaurant, and can apparently include having to pay a deposit. This doesn't all make too much sense to me as an outsider, but I suppose it seems like a good idea.

Sorry for the short, lackluster entry once again. Hopefully I will become witty again once Wednesday rolls around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sniff, boo-hoo, & etc. My daughter thinks it's sad to spend a day at the library...

Glad to hear the Brits take Christmas meals (or perhaps they're parties?) seriously. What's a typical menu?

Anglo Mango said...

I don't know if there is a typical menu, per se, but it would include a 'starter', an 'entree', and a 'pudding'. The term pudding applies to all kinds of warm desserts, apparently.

And not all libraries are as fun as the one at DEA.