Thursday, December 14, 2006

Break!

Today was the last day before Christmas break. After weeks of freaking us out about how long this afternoon's lecture would be (they told us it would last until 6), imagine how relieved we were when it not only got out at 4:45, but that the head of the department would be buying everyone drinks down at the Stile. So everyone scuttled down the road and we got to chat with a few of the professors outside of the classroom. I'm not sure if they are that impressed with us as a group. It's a bit sad.

So now I have three weeks and four days before I have another lecture. This should seem like a long time. I suppose it is, but at the same time I've been a bit jumbled as of late and it hasn't really sunk in quite yet. Aside from spending Saturday and Sunday getting caught up on all the things I've fallen behind on (grocery shopping, laundry, organizing the growing stacks of paperwork), I'm fully intending to do at least a few day trips over break. Tomorrow is London. It should be quite nice because it will be my first trip up there without 'engineering works', so it will only take an hour and twenty minutes instead of two. It'll be like an express train. I'm not quite sure where else I should be going before classes start again. The fact that it gets dark so early and often rains makes a lot of destinations a little less desirable. Perhaps Bath? Exeter? Warwick? Oxford? I feel like I will get no sympathy if these are the things I am left to ponder over... Either way, a few random head shots are surely on the way.

Of course, I have three pieces of coursework I need to do over break, and two of them are on noise and vibration, which I assure you, is not as interesting as it sounds. I also need to start worrying about exams, which are two weeks after the semester starts back up in January.

The English say Greek letter funny. Like, oh-meeee-ga. They're silly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, i totally miss those college breaks... but fill me in on the London Christmassy-ness!

Anonymous said...

"a bit jumbled" ?? Sounds very British.