Friday, September 07, 2007

Last day on campus

So today is essentially my last day on campus in Southampton. Ah yes, lifetimes spent in around Hartley library have culminated in a day of me doing no work and not getting the scanner to work. The highlights included my sandwich and going to the student services center to hand in a form. Indeed, it is quite the mind-blowing day.

Will I miss being in the library all day everyday? Signs point to no. Altough I will surely be longing for the freedom to make my own hours once I start working. Assuming I get all the necessary stuff taken care of for that! There's still a chance I'll be deported soon enough. Although it most likely won't happen.

In the broader sense, I am not sad to see Southampton go either. While it is a nice enough city in many respects, it's been sort of done and it's certainly no London. Quite frankly I'm not really sure what else to say about the place. I like the Bargate. And the old town walls.

Mind you, I say all this now. I may be back again on Monday...

2 comments:

Chris O said...

You'll miss the sea!

I do already... :(

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the longing to set your own hours will be very much diminished once you start receiving that nice paycheck, and all the choices that come with $$ (I guess I mean ££--lucky you)!! I hope the move goes well.