Tuesday, September 18, 2007

+ 1

First off, work resolution. My future employer is allowing me to start work in my current visa situation. I'll be signing a new, 4-month contract when I show up for my first day on Monday. Now this means I start work on Monday. Now I'm scared for entirely different reasons. Eek. The first day outfit is worked out, but what about the second? Hopefully I won't be confronted with the need to produce additional suits. I'll be trying to get more of the scoop from my inside source later this week and then will be wheeling in with another bud, so I'm pretty lucky in that regard. Of course, none of us are actually in the same group so there still will be mingling!

Moving on to dear old television. For some reason there is a plethora of channels that are simply shadows of other channels, one hour behind. They call these 'plus one' channels, so there is E4 + 1, for example, that shows everything E4 shows but an hour later. It's sort of like tevo, only it's everything and just a straight hour later. I'm almost surprised there aren't plus two for those who are running two hours behind. I admit to watching the channels, of course. Sometimes there are two things on that you want to watch and nothing on afterwards, so you just watch the +1 and you're good to go. Two birds with one stone. While this ensures that either Friends or Scrubs is always on, it's a little tricky because you can be paying not that much attention and come across an episode you'd just watched an hour earlier.

And I'm still intending to upload some more pictures, I just haven't gotten around to it quite yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippee about the work thing! Glad it worked out.

About what to wear--I've read that one shouldn't dress nicer than one's boss. If the boss is some sort of rumpled, fashion-clueless person, though, I think one can safely ignore that rule.