Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pimms & Kittens


Two seemingly unrelated topics, but I assure you, well quite frankly they are totally unrelated.

I convinced my parents to go to the local liquor store and search for a bottle of Pimms, which they were luckily able to locate for cheaper than the same bottle would have cost me duty free at Gatwick. They had some cans of limonata on hand, so before dinner yesterday we mixed up a little Pimms and sort-of-lemonade. The parents were on board. I am doing my part to slowly anglify the Americans. Very, very slowly.


This morning, on the other hand, after noticing a new batch of kittens up on the Oregon Humane Society webpage, made a bee-line up to Northeast Portland and the parents ended up adopting two very cute little troublemakers that seem to think the litter box is the funnest toy of all. Little Lizzie and Edgar will be on show at the July 1st bbq for those who will be present. For those who are not, this is the closest thing I could get to a picture where you could see both of them. Lizzie has the pink collar and is playing with the toy, the other is Edgar. Both are nuts.

Why are there F-350s everywhere? Why must an F-250 be 'super duty' when it is clearly someone's commuting vehicle? Why don't they have this much light ice cream in England? And my was it toasty out there today! Did some shopping and got some respectable 'I work in Notting Hill' clothing for like, no money (well, it was no money, as my mom bought the stuff, thanks mom).

Anyways, enjoy kitten photo. Tomorrow shall include trips to both Canby and Seattle. I've jumped back on the American car-oriented band wagon with a vengeance.

2 comments:

Lisa Katzke said...

Oh, the cuteness!

Anonymous said...

canby? to see the giant conestoga? sweet.