Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Summer Vacation

I'm officially, ummm, 5 days into my summer vacation. So far I have spent one day on a boat, eaten Thai food, made two trips to the gym, one trip to the grocery store, purchased numerous kitchen utensils, eaten 6 eggs, gone bowling, and spent two afternoons in the library doing very little work on my dissertation. Plus it's been really muggy! I can assure you that walking back from the gym in mug is no deal. Especially when you haven't been to the gym and the treadmill has made itself more difficult in your absence (plus it's a big muggy in the gym as well). Those treadmills are mean like that.

So the library is much less crowded now, believe it or not. I should be working on an outline for my dissertation to be submitted by Friday. However, the department folk are moving this week from the rather ugly Faraday Tower into the perhaps equally as ugly portakabin building on the lawn outside the library this week, meaning that we cannot go and see our dissertation supervisors this week, despite this Friday deadline. This seems quite silly to myself and to the others out there who don't really know what they are doing. Seems it will be a miracle if I am actually able to produce this thing.

In egg-related news, I made myself a sandwich in my new frying pan for lunch today. It was grilled cheese with some of England's tasty white cheddar, some onion leftover from a scramble I made the other day, and an egg. It was tasty, go me. I never make tasty things so this is quite an improvement for me. The only other thing worth noting is that I didn't bowl too horribly, in 3 games I bowled over 70 twice (70 is my goal score, I'm not that ambitious).

Less than two weeks until America times! Anyone have anything cute/tasty and English they want me to bring them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would you suggest that is particularly cute/sweet that we can't get here? I like pasties, but I don't think one would survive the trip.

Anonymous said...

Magnums! That probably won't survive either. Just a large supply of those carmel things will do... :)