Monday, June 04, 2007

Coming to America...

I'm not booked on flights to and from Seattle in the next few weeks. I find this very appealling. While it seems odd to be making this journey via Detroit, it ended up being by far the cheapest (and I assure you this was a very long and arduous task!). So I'll be rolling into Seatac kind of late on the 23rd, then jetting down to Portland on the 24th, back to Seattle on the 27th to pick up English friend (who from this point on will be available for poking/proding/general-accent-giggling-at), then back to Portland until the 3rd, then up to Seattle until flying out on the 10th. My time shall be spent visiting people, places and food groups last seen in September. Needless to say, I am pumped. Plus I get to shove random things at the token anglo and see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot. It'll be my turn to laugh at the silly foreigner. Oh, and please don't embarass me!

I think what will be especially bizarre is not so much visiting Seattle and Portland, but the fact that at the end of it all I'll be back on a flight to London, not as a tourist, but because London is like, my local airport. How bizarre is that? Really bizarre, I assure you. Don't think it's quite sunk in yet.

In news along those lines, I'm getting ready to sign my contract and send it away. Of course before I do I will read it thoroughly, as I haven't really done that yet. And I'm not that stupid. Or so I like to think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mark is in for it! Is he still planning to come along?