Thursday, June 07, 2007

Accepting the offer

Yesterday was a bit of a wary day. I posted a letter accepting the offer for the job in Notting Hill. And I spoke with the HR lady on the phone telling her I accepted it as well (they called to check up on me, you see). And FYI, HR lady is like, the nicest person ever. She's a gem. Probably perfect for that job. So the writing of the acceptance letter was a daunting task completed on Tuesday, but it turned out to be rather easy as I just got someone else to write it for me (I watched!). I'm not quite up to speed when it comes to my English-professional-style letter writing. Quite frankly, I didn't even know what to write on the envelope (no return address!!). After a good old journey to the post office, where I spent 48 pence to send a letter sized envelope to London and 78 pence to send a regular sized envelope to Seattle, I realized that I would be having a 'first day of work' in September. And not only a first day of work, which can be scary enough as it is, but one that will involve me taking the tube. This sounds very scary! And then at the end of the first day, I'll have to take the tube again. And every day after that for the foreseeable future! I'm going to be a London tube commuter. Who would have thought!

In related news, my last exam is in approximately 45 minutes. And I feel like I should be worried and/or concerned, but I'm really not. Bring it on, stats, bring it on. Oh, so I'll be done in 2 hours and 45 minutes. And then I just have that little thing called a dissertation to write. But we won't worry about that again until Monday... And I think I get to go see Chris' (hi Chris) alleged boat tomorrow. I'll take photos to prove its existence, if it does exist, of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! Sorry you won't be visiting the U.S. with Margo this time. Maybe next time.

Lisa Katzke said...

Does that mean that Margo's become someone who "visits" the US? ;)

Anglo Mango said...

My apologies if I sounded a bit full of myself in that one!! I swear I haven't gotten big-headed about London times!