Monday, June 25, 2007

Back in America

After an unnaturally long journey, I've made it back to America. Like, really long. Quite frankly, when I was being herded for the journey to Detroit from London, I was really not pleased with my co-patriots. They were annoying. They annoyed me in Detroit as well, even the overly American accented PA-announcer annoyed me. And then I was annoyed in Minneapolis. Then I recalled, despite the sleepiness which made me inclined to be annoyed anyways, that I didn't particularly like the Midwest anyways. Never have. And that the people there talk funny. This was a great relief. When I got to Seattle I still adored Seattle, and the people don't sound annoying. This I consider a very good thing.

Here is a short list of things that I have seen/heard/noticed so far that I am finding bizarre:
- the amount of water in toilet bowls
- the plethora of paper towels in restrooms (this is good, my jeans stay dryer this way)
- the size of the average American automobile, especially between Tacoma and Vancouver
- the amount of ice given to you in cups (why must it be full of ice, WHY people)
- the willingness of normal people to dance like idiots at baseball games (again, this is good)
- the lack of coinage

I'm sleepy.

No comments: