Thursday, May 03, 2007

Vista

Good news! The free computer room in building 25, which has been closed since the beginning of Easter break, is not only back open, but it's stone-age slow-as-molasses computers have been replaced with brand-new uber-speedy computers installed with Windows Vista. So today not only did I get to print out a bunch of old exams for free, but I got to play with Vista, which, mind you, is really funky. Although Office was really complex and it took a long time to figure out how to print.

I realized this evening that with my weekend in Spain I am definitly on course to break my record of countries visited in a calendar year. The record, which currently stands at 3 (including the US), shall be met by this trip (UK, Netherlands, Spain) which guarantees that I will be able to hit four at least when I return to the US. Although hopefully I'll be able to go to Paris at some point so the US would then be number 5. Plus I will get to fill in another bubble on my world map, which I always enjoy in a sort of sad way.

I have also taken heed of the fact that many of the night venues in Southampton have random one word names. Like, we have mono, junk, tusk, ikon, um, other places I haven't been, and so on. Perhaps they are overcompensating for the often longer silly pub names like The Moldy Faucet (which I have just made up to illustrate a point).

There is a new album up on picasa from my road trips to Alton Towers and to Croydon. I didn't take my camera into Alton Towers because I didn't want to risk breaking it, but I totally took it into the tram headquarters building. Mainly there are just a lot of pictures of random people most of you don't know making weird faces and/or sleeping. It's a good time, really.

1 comment:

Lisa Katzke said...

If you come to Paris in August I just might be there... :D