Wednesday, May 23, 2007

London offer!

I've received a job offer to work in London this September. This is big news for me. As this means I most likely will not be deported once September rolls around. And you know, will be able to work in London, and live at least reasonably close. Basically it's the somewhat twisted and disgruntled American dream.

While all of this is contingent on securing what should be an easily acquired visa (long story, but I'm special), I should be a tube-commuting London yuppy in a little over 4 months time.

I actually received this news while en route to the train station to go back to London for another job interview. It basically meant that instead of spending the 80-minute train ride being worried and nervous, I sat there with what was most likely a creepy grin on my face thinking of all that will be entailed in the upcoming adventure. I even momentarily considered changing the name of blog. It was also moderately exciting to be able to tell the people in the interview that I have another job offer. Hopefully this makes me look popular and they will want me, too. Although I don't really care as I only need the one offer.

At this point there is no way for me to know how long I am planning on staying in the UK. For all I know, I will despise the London ways and won't be able to escape quickly enough. Although I imagine the novelty will last for quite some time and I am looking forward to checking out the as yet un-seen little neighborhoods and hidden gems of London. If I have visitors I shall be able to provide good insight on what to do and where to go!

In totally unrelated news, when I returned from London this evening I went to my room and my lock has broken and I couldn't get in. Luckily a carpenter is on call and it should be fixed shortly, but I am still being forced to sit in a computer lab on campus while wearing a suit on a really warm day!

3 comments:

Buehler Recipes said...

Wow that's great! Congrats! WooHoo!
So, you'll have the trendy flat with the extra room or 2, correct?
Great, heeere come the relatives!

Alex Porter said...

Yay! Congrats! That's very exciting. I like how blogging and Facebook make it seem like you're not very far away.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! that's awesome! but sad for us...tear. on the bright side, it gives me more time to get over there for a visit :-)