Sunday, May 27, 2007

Buying stuff.

I have started to recall all that was involved in getting set-up for apartment living after undergrad. Such as buying a toaster and a fabulous set-of dishes (which still haven't really been used...). And boat loads of wall art. Now I am faced with doing this all again. This seems like a lot of work. Not enough to convince me that it would be best to stay in the US and bond with my wall art, but enough to make me slightly displeased. There's no way a toaster I get here would be as cute and blue. Same with my canisters. I don't envision bothering to wrap-up a canister and put it in a suitcase to drag across the whole of North America and the Atlantic. Well, maybe the little one. Or the random one that has never been used for anything. But on the bright side I will probably invest in an English television and become a purveyor of all the BBCs. For some reason the regular watching of tv would be a huge piece of the integration puzzle. Or would at least give me something to chat about with people at work.

Tomorrow is another bank holiday. I think the Brits start to get a bit impatient for summer and vacation around May, hence the two bank holidays in one month. While I don't blame them, then rain makes this not too appealling. As does the presence of scary exam on Tuesday. And Thursday. It's nice that the holiday is shared with the US. At least we went so far as to name ours.

My apologies for being a bit dull. Exams are freaking me out!!!

1 comment:

Chris O said...

We've named our Bank Holiday. It's called Whitsun, according to Wikipedia: "The word Whitsun (Old English for 'White Sunday') is the forty-ninth day after Easter Sunday. In the Christian calendar, it is known as Pentecost."

Also you can start listening to the radio...how exciting!