Monday, May 21, 2007

Mobile home

On the train back from London today I saw a mobile home. While this shouldn't be note-worthy, upon sight of the thing I realized how long it had been since I've seen one. This is most likely because I have just not been frequenting the mobile home parks of the south of England, but it also made me wonder where they were and how many they were in number. That lovely film Snatch taught me all I think I needed to know about the gypsy-style caravans, but those are obviously actual homes that are mobile, and not mobile homes. I like to think the English have realized that mobile homes are not cute and have done their best to prohibit them from being scattered about the countryside. I mean, as far as mobile homes go, the one I saw was pretty cute.

A non-cute sighting occurred yesterday. On my way into town, my bus was passed by a stretch Ford, ummm, Excursion limosine. I hesitate to say excursion because isn't an excursion just a stretched expedition? So who knows which one this was. You don't see too many limos around these parts, and you certainly don't see any Ford SUVs (cars, on the other hand, way popular), so to see a hybrid of the two was really something. It was also 10:45 in the morning, so who knows what exactly was going on.

After years of closure, the 5th floor of the library has re-opened. You can tell the chairs are new because they are not conformed to anyone's caboose.

No comments: