Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco de Mayo!

Today is a very special day to all taco loving Americans, the one day a year where it is practically indecent to avoid salsa for a full 24 hours. However, I don't think anyone here is big on Mexican independence day. Perhaps I will quietly eat some refried beans later. Although I imagine there may be festive-ness down at Chiquitos. Now if only they would put tacos on their menu...

Oh, plus today is a fun day because Americans and Brits write the date the same. 5/5. No confusion there! Although this happens once a month, so it's not too exciting.

Tomorrow is the big football game. Its a sell-out, which has not occurred at St Mary's Stadium in apparently quite some time. As I fear getting the exact details incorrect, I will not say too much about the situation, but I do know that Southampton needs to score more goals than some other team (NOT the team they are playing against, but I suppose them, too) who is playing at the same time in order to get into the play-offs. I think. And if all goes correctly, then the play-off tickets will go on sale AT the stadium at the end of the game. The potential for craziness is quite considerable, I think, so I'm quite pumped. If I don't update blog after this it is because I have been trampled in some sort of stampede.

7 days until Spain!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican independence day. It's just celebrating winning a big battle....against the FRENCH. Who celebrates that? It's like celebrating breathing.