Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Neal's Yard


As further proof that London is the cutest and full of hidden gems, I present exhibit A. This is a photo of Neal's Yard, which you would never notice if it wasn't in your guidebook and you had managed to accidentally stumble upon it. Conveniently located off Neal Street (just north of Covent Garden by the Seven Dials), this is basically a little courtyard with two alleys connecting it to the 'real world'. It's main appeal seems to be some sort of uber healthy eating establishment, so the courtyard may by chance be full of people eating cous cous and vegetables and looking, well, healthy.


In further uninteresting news, I have a group presentation tomorrow. My approach is to avoid thinking about it too much and hope for the best. 30% of our grade is based on questions we ask other people. That cannot go well. That means you actually have to pay attention to what the other groups are saying. For like, 3 and a half hours. And if anyone wants to trade places with me between 9:30 am and 1 pm tomorrow, just let me know....


Madrid is on Saturday!! It's slightly worrying how utterly unprepared I am for this journey. Tomorrow I shall work on that and perhaps get some euros and a map of Madrid, so I do not spend all of Saturday evening wandering around going 'Donde esta, um,' [and me pointing to the impronouncable hotel name on piece of paper]. And I am sorry if I have spelled the Spanish wrong. I took French, after all. I find it odd that I this will be my first venture to a Spanish-speaking nation. How have I never been to Mexico? I don't know. Well, I do. I kind of fear Tijuana.

No comments: