Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sholing Butts

There is a bus that begins its route up by the halls of residence, so I often see it waiting at the initial stop when I walk by. Apparently, one if its destinations is a magical place called Sholing Butts Rd, which on its own is rather amusing, but for some reason every time I see it from afar I think it just says Showing Butts. You'd have to be brave to get on that bus, no?

Speaking of brave encounters, I saw a real live hedgehog yesterday. I was at my friends house and I peered out the window to see this odd little creature meandering along the grass. My look of disbelief gave away my sighting. Sure enough it was declared to be a hedgehog. Things got especially exciting when one of the dogs saw it and decided to take a closer look. Much like sonic, the little hedgehog rolled up into a prickly little ball. However, unlike Sonic he did not go spinning around at a hectic pace. The dog was shooed away and the hedgehog regained its intended form and continued its meander. It was not very big, I'd say less than a foot long and about 8 inches tall including its prickly bits. And it was also slower than I thought it would be, but that's because Sonic does keep that rapid pace.

Finally, as the entire world is aware, the final Harry Potter book came out today. I'm sure there is much ado about this in the US of A, but I still feel it warrents mentioning that it's been one of the biggest topics in the news for at least a week (the other thing mentioned is that half of the Midlands are under water at present, poor Midlands). Asda nearly got cut off from the publisher for selling it too far below the recommended price of 17.99, but even Waitrose was selling it today for 7.99. Fierce market it seems! As for myself, I'll just wait for the last two movies.

4 comments:

Lisa Katzke said...

I am already more than halfway through the last Harry Potter book...

Sad, I know. I took a 4-hour break to go see the movie and eat a cheese steak, but I'm back to reading now. I will finish tomorrow.

I have no life.

Buehler Recipes said...

I'm reading Harry Potter out loud to my dyslexic little family. It's the only time I can say "I'd like a cup of tea" and CB will scurry off to make me one.
I wonder if "I'd like diamonds" would work on the husband?

Anonymous said...

So I had to read about hedgehogs, and have decided I want one. They love slugs, and would do much more good for the garden than say, moles. Plus, hedgehogs are so much cuter. Please send me a hedgehog.

Buehler Recipes said...

I just remembered that my niece Kate has a pet hedgehog named Daisy. Daisy goes to lectures curled up in the pocket of Kate's 'jumper'.
I've also just realized that when we named our cat 'Daisy', we stole a pet name. I'm so ashamed!