Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back in England!

I know, I know. I've been a terrible blogger. Leaving my post for weeks and making other people fill in a couple blanks. Well, that's because an American in America is really not that exciting. Now that I am back in England I can pick things up again.

The return journey was long but relatively uneventful. I was asked at customs why I was traveling with an emergency passport but luckily my truthful story checked out. There was been minimal culture shock sort of things so far. I did find the streets freakishly narrow and harrowing at first...well, not at first, I've only been here a few hours. They will probably freak me out for a few more days. And the fact that I paid $3.00 for a bottle of water was also a bit disturbing. Although the fact that its sunny has certainly helped make up for these other shortcomings.

I'm in Emsworth at present. It's, like, um, between the airport and Southampton near Portsmouth. There are leather straps in lieu of door knobs here. It's all very intriguing.

Anyways, I had a nice time in the US. It is indeed a good deal in many more ways than one. I'll get the photos uploaded tomorrow or the next day and have one giant massive picasa album. Or perhaps two. One for each state. There are nearly 700 pictures on my camera at the moment, so may take a bit of time to go through them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that NWA got their act together--finally! Of course, now they'll up their rates.

Unknown said...

Some of your readers are indeed American, so perhaps the 'Well, that's because an American in America is really not that exciting' could have been more delicately phrased ;)

Anonymous said...

I, on the otherhand, completely agree. Americans in America are boring. But I disagree with the fact that America is a good deal in more ways than 1. There is no deal here.

Anglo Mango said...

Okay, so being American in America is exciting. I was just too lazy to try and recap all that went on. America is a fab deal. Exhibit A) happy hour. Exhibit B) cheap retail products. Exhibit C) see photos.

Anonymous said...

so when are you moving to canada, coco? :-)