Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm screaming on the inside

Well I've sent all my money away by phone. In what I thought was a slightly sketchy maneuver, I take my debit card out of my wallet and before I know it I have an appointment to pick up keys at 2pm on Sunday. It seems like the owners were waiting for the money for the deposit to go through before they arranged making their way over from Wales. Seems rational enough. But now I indeed have a monetary vested interest in a London flat. I'm still not quite sure what actually happened here. It's a bit freaky really.

In completely unrelated news, I have had a realization about British music. The music that I would most likely be seeking out and buying cds for in the US seems to be the sort of stuff they play regularly on the radio over here. One of the reasons I enjoy this sort of music in the US is that you don't hear it everywhere. But I hear it on the radio all the time here and get sort of sick of it. So I am not too sure what I should be listening to. American music that doesn't get overplayed here but gets overplayed in the US?

Big Brother is on. I best get up and change the channel. They are dancing in a circle to the Age of Aquarius.

1 comment:

Chris O said...

This is why the music I listen to is 90% US in origin and the reason why you could never previously understand why...