Sunday, August 19, 2007

Homeless times

At present I am officially homeless. In order to maximise my halls refund, I turned in my keys on Friday afternoon. I'll pick up the keys to my splashy London pad this afternoon. All in all, this period of homelessness is lasting me about 48 hours. I can't complain though.

One of the tasks that filled my homelessness time was going to see the Bourne Ultimatum. Being the backwards land that this is, it only came out on Thursday. Personally I thought it was a very good movie. For me the most exciting bit was the unnaturally long scene filmed not just in London, but in Waterloo train station. Waterloo, quite sadly, is the place I have visited the most and probably spent the most time at of any place in the city. This meant that instead of focusing my entire attention on the danger/action with Matt Damon, I was A) figuring out where exactly they were in the station (ooh, there's the Paperchase) and B) thinking, 'wow, Matt Damon has been to Waterloo, why wasn't I there that day'. And whilst I didn't notice it, apparently the one audible train announcement is for a train to Southampton Central. I'm telling you, it's like I live in an action movie.

Oh, and I went to the gym yesterday afternoon and afterwards I headed into town still wearing my Oregon State Beavers t-shirt. I also had my backpack on because I had been at the library prior to the gym. When I was leaving Boots this OxFam guy was trying to get people to donate large sums of money, and I accidentally made eye contact and he goes 'Hey Oregon style girl'. I gave him the look of death and ran the other way. Style?? Seriously?

Off to London soon. Stopping at Ikea on the way! Oh, and no, I am not actually moving to London today. I am in Southampton for a few more weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Living on the street, then?

Your dad just mentioned that we should jet over to London and stay in the apartment for free if it's just sitting there vacant. Then I could go to Oxford and set those librarians straight as to what their really job is. No wonder the profession has such a stereotype...