Saturday, April 28, 2007

Food thief


I have a food thief. It has been established that food from my cupboard often disappears on its own. Like, much more than you would expect. This seems primarily connected to snack foods, such as things in bar form, bread, and cheese (although this is from the fridge). It is hard to tell if the crunchy nut has been affected. What is up with this. I mean really. My food selection is not that great. For now I have resorted to keeping things in bar form in my bedroom. The cheese is remaining in the fridge for obvious reasons, and the bread is still in the cupboard. I often check the loaf to see if its contents have changed, but I have trouble keeping track of how much bread I have a lot of the time.


And what is one really to do in this sort of situation? Before answering that, I am not willing to plant food laced with laxatives, nor am I booby trapping anything. I mean, it's not fair for my food to just keep disappearing like this. I don't even know how long it's been going on. I don't normally have much food worth stealing, so it has only caught my attention in the last couple weeks (I went to rearrange some things and noticed my boxes were empty despite them being mostly full at last check). I mean really, there used to be food on that plate!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is sad! Can't lock the cupboard, huh? Have others had the problem, too?

Chris O said...

CCTV/Webcam?

Buehler Recipes said...

How about that blue stuff the FBI puts on money during bank heists and kidnappings?
Really, that is very tacky. Hopefully they'll figure out you're on to them and move on.
BTW - I kinda like the laxative idea.

Anonymous said...

I also like the laxative idea. if you catch the villain through whatever means, don't be like Ross and develop a rage problem and get put on tranquilizers.

Anonymous said...

I found a small, dead rodent on the back patio yesterday. I'll send it to you, and you could put it in your cupboard. When you hear the screams, you can nab the person, and they'll probably be cured. Oh dear, I forgot to be mature again.

mark said...

this often occurs in the UK i ashamed to say...Mi5 are currently looking into it!

Anglo Mango said...

I have a couple of pieces of broad left from a loaf best by a couple days ago. Perhaps it will just chill in there for a week or so to acquire some extra flavor.