Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bit more London



Yesterday I gave the most hectic whirl-wind walking tour of London quite possibly ever. Due to delays at Gatwick, we didn't get in to Victoria until 1:30 or so in the afternoon. At this point, we managed to go to Westminster Cathedral (not the abbey, it's separate and free and has really neat mosaics), to Westminster Abbey (not in), see Big Ben, then Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, the British Museum (went in to that one), St Pauls (went in, they weren't charging), over to the Millenium Bridge (look, river), to Covent Garden for food, then to Piccadilly Circus and finally to Green Park and Buckingham Palace. Yeah, I know, all that in 6 hours. Including sit down meal. My legs were tired.



Perhaps the most exciting part of the day was discovering a candy store near Covent Garden that sells 2 liters of A&W root beer. They had cans of cream soda. Needless to say, I indulged. Oh, and they also sell Mountain Dew and Laffy Tafffy and Twizzlers. And exotic flavors of Cadbury, like Black Forest and Rocky Road, but they charge an arm and a leg for everything in there so you really have to be desparate to indulge. Now I just hope that I will be able to find it again should I go searching. It's by a Tesco, I think, and that totally narrows it down...

And I'm working on getting new photos up on picasa, I swear. Hopefully will be there soon.

2 comments:

Buehler Recipes said...

No Fergie-licious photo's with the palace guards?
Oops, did I just say that?

Anglo Mango said...

We managed to resist Fergie-liciousness, but that's only because we'd done a lot of walking and the required Fergie-licious moves were too much effort.