Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Heat Wave!

Despite the fact that it's April and this is supposedly a rainy land, it's been freakishly warm here the last week or so. Warm as in it apparently reached 78 here in Southampton last Saturday. It's 'break out the shorts and the flip-flops it's summertime' weather. Much like Seattle, this seems to mean that people have generally lost focus and instead of doing what they should be doing, they are sort of freaking out and opting to chill outdoors. All of the eateries/drinkeries have suddenly acquired outdoor seating/beer gardens and so pretty much wherever you go you are confronted with people having a jolly time eating/drinking in the sunshine whilst you, on the other hand, are on a bus and/or headed for a computer lab. There's no way this will last, and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few days of torrential rains in store, but for now it's certainly enjoyable and I can finally wear the skirts and dresses that have been lying dormant in my closet since September.

Oh, and I got a haircut last Saturday. The girl was quite intent on putting in layers to give my hair something, although I can't remember what. I find it a little short, but it was a bit too long before so it's really just a bit of a shock.

I fear they are going to stop selling Cadbury creme eggs soon, as Easter has past. Perhaps they will have the creme egg bars again. They gave everyone creme eggs when we left Alton Towers on Monday, which was nice but I sort of got the impression they were just trying to get rid of them. But it would have been foolish not to accept!

3 comments:

Buehler Recipes said...

When are you posting the haircut? Front back and side, please.

Anonymous said...

post the haircut!

Anglo Mango said...

My haircut can be seem in my photo from Alton Towers. That's pretty much all there is to it, same deal in the back.