Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Shopping

I took yesterday off of work. It was exciting in many ways.

To start things off, I went to the gym in the morning time. I decided to see if I was humanly capable of swimming laps. Turns out it's a bit of a stretch. Don't ask me how you are supposed to go straight in there. Needless to say I didn't last long. Oh, and the steam room has a creepy fake color-changing rock and smells of insence. It's not a happy place.

I then went over to the South Bank to meet up with Mark for lunch. I had some goats cheese and spinach pizzettes or something like that and a side salad. To undo some of the healthy, I ate some of Mark's fries.

After this I went Christmas shopping. I spent some time in and around Covent Garden and even took a side trip over to Harrods. Whilst in Harrods I walked by a £31,000 marble bath tub. Like, um, yeah. When is that ever, ever going to be a good idea? I spent £3 on dog treats. Oh, and the cruel people there also have a little room where there were puppies running around. There were two Cavalier King Charles Spanials and they were indeed the cutest things ever. But again, who would buy a puppy from Harrods? Anyways, I accomplished a lot of shopping and in basically no crowds, so I'm quite pleased.

It's a bit sad being back at work, but probably for the best! This weekend will be a bit more laid back and homely, but before then I have Nutcracker tomorrow night and the omminous company Christmas party on Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can at least swim! If I recall correctly, you didn't like swim lessons at all.

Have a nice time at the Nutcracker!

Lisa Katzke said...

It's seriously company Xmas party week. I have to go to two on Friday night as well as a birthday party. I'm not quite sure how that is going to work but I expect there to be lots of drinking.

Also, I just saw an ad for CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas, complete with the "hulahoop" song. There are just no words.

Enjoy the Nutcracker. Which company are you going to see? (Royal Ballet?)

Anglo Mango said...

Swimming sucks! And I think I may be going to see the CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks...