Friday, January 16, 2009

Done with the move!

As the title suggests, I am now officially moved out of the old place! Mark kindly volunteered to take yesterday off of work to facilitate the final stages and from the sound of it, he spent the entire day running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He oversaw the cleaner at the old place, aided in the delivery of a fridge/freezer and a washing machine up three flights of stairs at the new place, moved some remaining items from the old place, managed the Sky installation and even managed to pick up our new coffee grinder from the delivery office. Basically I think he deserves a round of applause!

After dinner last night we went back to the old place for a last visit (and to gather the last couple things). I must say it looked impressively clean. Which is sort of bad because then you realize that you live in comparative filth, but it should be okay for inspection. This was capped off by my putting the keys through the very aggressive letterbox (it tried to rip my fingers off!) at the estate agents. So no more Radipole Road!

However, the new place currently looks as if a bomb has gone off in it. It's an absolute mess of items randomly strewn about in the moving effort. While we hpoe to address this situation over the weekend, I also fully intend to spend a good many hours sitting on the couch watching televeision and doing very little thinking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mark! I think the new buiding people owe residents a big something or other, for sure, because of the broken lift/elevator. Speaking of lifts/elevators, I read that the one in the Apple store in London on Regent St. is pretty cool -- all glass. Been there?

Anonymous said...

I've been there but I never really noticed the lift because it's at the back of the store. There is however a giant glass staircase sort of in front of you when you are at the entrance. I know this as I spectacularly fell up it (yes, up!) and then tried to non-chalantly continue up as if nothing had happened whilst limping heavily.

mark said...

that apple shop is always packed and really hot!

it does look quite cool though!